Thursday, January 31, 2013

Free to be Me

I have always been enamored by the thought of starting a blog. Oftentimes I find my thoughts rattling around in my brain just waiting to be released, but the risk of failure hangs over me like a heavy fog. However, I know how freeing it is to be able to open the cage to everything flying through my head and allow it all out. Writing allows me to sift through everything, organizing my head, and in the end finishing the puzzle that my thoughts have created. There is something in that process of guiding the words into focused sentences that supplies me with a little bit of relief from the constant flow of thoughts that never stop running.



Here, though, is where I stop to consider all of those thoughts running through my head. I like to convince myself that I have no control over my thoughts, but the thing is that I truly do have the ability to pull the strings on what I am thinking. It's easier to sit back and be lazy about taking captive every thought. 2 Corinthians 10:5 says "And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." My thoughts should be pleasing to the Lord just as it says in Psalm 19:14 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight." How many things do I let fly through my head without thought to the implications therein? Honoring the Lord means giving Him my every thought - letting Him have complete control. Trust me when I say that this isn't as easy for me as I'd like it to be. But, that's what I'm striving for. I don't want to waste my time pondering things that have no place in my life. In fact, it's really simple for me to take a simple thought and start worrying about it and making it into a huge issue bigger than it ever needed to be. I know that in my life, I need to make that conscious effort every moment of every day to give my thoughts back to Him so that He can have the ultimate control. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts and neither are my ways your ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9 As I seek to have His thoughts, my mind will be consumed with Him, and the possibilities of things I can do for him are endless. This is what I desire.

So as I continue sharing my thoughts and work through my life in words, I no longer have to be afraid of others thoughts and judgments because this is for me to honor Him. And to do, that I have to feel free to be me. Join me on this journey, and maybe you will be challenged as I am to surrender yourself to His leading and guiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment