Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Joy That Invades My Life


 
Sunshine and coffee. Music, singing, and dancing. Friends and laughter. Smiles and silliness. These are the things that make my heart overflow with joy. Deep joy bubbling up inside of me until I think that I may burst in all my happiness. Spinning, twirling, and whirling joy that just explodes out of me. Contagious happiness that overflows from my soul. That feeling that nothing can bring me down. The perma-smile on my face that isn’t fake but just won’t go away. “I wanna sing at the top of my lungs.” Picture here with me Buddy the Elf, “I’m singing and I’m in a store and I’m SINGING!!!” That’s the kind of enthusiasm I want to have for life. Life is meant to be enjoyed taken day by day and step by step with joy pervading every part. “I’m in love. I’m in love, and I don’t care who knows it!” Yes! I’m in love with life. My life is the best life I have every lived. And, guess what. It’s only gonna get better.

 
 
Do I feel like this every day? Surely not. But could I? Oh yes. Joy is a choice, and I have to choose to have that prevail in my life. It’s all in my perspective. I can see the rain clouding up the sky, or I can marvel at the beautiful rainbow while I’m dancing through the puddles. It’s my life. It’s my choice. I choose to be joyful because my joy is contagious, and who knows who could catch that joybug next and experience the life and freedom that comes with a happy countenance. So don’t be afraid to dance in the rain. Don’t hesitate to laugh until your sides hurt. Don’t suppress the impulse to just be you. Spread that joy around liberally and watch to see how your day will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment